Tuesday, January 9, 2007

Chapter 1.5

Today has been rough. Kaylee has been great but I am coming to grips with other aspects of my life, the first of which is that I have to go back to work. Normally that would probably be no big deal...but my phrasing is a little off. I am not going back to work...I am going to work. But first, I need to find a job. And the job market, well it sucks for someone like me. I have a degree, a degree from a great school...what I don't have is a trade. At this point I would have been better off going to a vocational school rather than Tufts University. My resume is just not generating that much interest...at least not in any area I want to get into.
Oh well, I just have to remember who I am doing this for...that little hooded angel right here.
She's worth it.

My parents, bless them, are not making it any easier. They seem to think that just because I went to Tufts that anyone would want to hire me for anything whether I meet the requirements for the job or not. I guess its been a long time since either of them had to look for a job...

I just wish they weren't making matters worse. They know I don't want to go to work. They know I don't want to put Kaylee in daycare. So why they are making me feel even more guilty and feel like I am disappointing them at the same time is beyond me. I know they don't mean to, they just think I am better than everything I am being offered. Maybe they're right. But the fact of the matter is, I need to start generating an income, soon! And if that ends up being done as a receptionist somewhere...then so be it.

That's it for now, except for this last picture.
I can't believe how blessed we are, how perfect she is, and how happy she has made us.




No comments: