Sunday, October 18, 2009

October

I finally downloaded these pictures a few days ago and then I promptly forgot about them. Sorry about the delay and about the fact that there aren't many pictures, but I am still recovering from September and preparing for Halloween.
Anyway--on Monday we went to a local farm for a hayride to a pumpkin patch interspersed with some feeding of farm animals and going through a giant corn maze (that last part I'd really like to forget so we'll just not mention it again ok?)
Kaylee had a lot of fun with her friends and the animals.
Rowan toddled around looking at the animals mostly because that's what everyone else was doing.
Rowan wasn't really sure what the big deal was.
Kaylee and Jordyn were doing their best to annoy the cows.
Kaylee even convinced Henry to pose for a quick picture.
Then it was off to the pumpkin patch. Kaylee really liked the tractor ride over. (Sorry no pictures I was too busy trying to make sure both of my children didn't try to jump off while moving.)
Rowan got to pick a pumpkin.
Kaylee picked out one as well.
Last Saturday Bampa came to visit, and he took us all apple-picking (again) which was good because we had run out of apples.
Kaylee is pretty much a pro at this apple-picking stuff at this point.
Because its late in the season now we got to use ladders to get some of the good fruit at the tops of the trees. Fearless as ever, Kaylee had no problems doing the labor.
You'll have to click on this picture to see it larger to know why I had to include it. I just love it, we practically had the whole orchard to ourselves.
Daddy had last Friday off, so taking of advantage of school hours we headed over to the park.
I took this picture from very far away using the strongest zoom we had. I love this shot. Daddy and Rowan were on a whirly-bird contraption and having a lot of fun.
Kaylee liked the slides.
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Rowan is still too small for most of the park, but she was happy enough swinging away most of the time.
And lets see the weekend before that our friend Mike stopped by. He hadn't seen Kaylee in at least 13 months. We knew that because he'd never met Rowan. We were very happy to spend a day with him.
And Kaylee was pleased as he brought yet another round of gifts for the girls. Their birthdays sure were drawn out this year.
What zeal Kaylee opens gifts with now, yes?
Rowan wasn't quite as adept...but she got into the spirit all the same.
Mike and his puppy Nutmeg got Rowan's seal of approval.
I took these next 3 pictures on October 1st...but they had no real place, so I figured I'd throw them on this post. Rowan finally got into the spirit of dress-up with Kaylee.
She really went all out. (Kaylee helped!)
But she sure seemed to have fun.
That's all for now I guess. Halloween will bring more pictures...I promise!

No comments: