Saturday, March 20, 2010

Top of the morning

For this Italian Jew, St. Patrick's Day is a big deal. I am trying to be funny, but I really have embraced my husband's side of the family in terms of heritage. I love the Irish culture, so I am fully willing to submerge myself in it, even if it is via my children. We had a very busy St. Patrick's day this year, and what better way to celebrate than matching shirts? Hey, are they both looking at the camera?
Well, that moment passed quickly, but I do like Ro's smile here.
And hey, Kaylee smiling too with her eyes open!
That afternoon we had a party to attend. Rowan loved the shamrock cookies.
Kaylee had a blast coloring and decorating shamrocks.
Then it was time to head outside to enjoy this unseasonably fantastic weather! The older kids ran around while Rowan rallied her pals to a rousing round of Ring-a-Round the ROsie...
naturally one of her favorites.
We all fall...DOWN! p.s. interesting point of fact: when Rowan requests this game she says: "ashes"
Time for some merry-go-round action. I was brave and actually allowed Rowan to participate this time thinking that she was a) old enough to understand the instructions: "hold on with both hands" and b) Kaylee was there to ensure she followed instructions.
If you click to enlarge these next few pics you'll see the expressions of pure joy on Kaylee's face.
You'll see pure joy and admiration on Rowan's.
A genuine candid Kaylee smile.
And my new favorite picture of the girls came on St. Patrick's Day. What Luck!

No comments: