Saturday, March 17, 2007

a visit

Ok, I am a little backlogged here, so I am going to try to catch up a bit!
last weekend (like I said, I am a little behind).
we packed our little Nissan full with 2 people, 1 infant, 2 dogs and all the things the infant and dogs need and headed up to Vermont to visit Grant's dad and his sister and her boyfriend.
Grant and his father got to ski-which was good because I know he's really been wanting to get some skiing in this season and with the unseasonably warm December and January...and the in fact that has taken over our lives, last week was the first opportunity we really had.
while we were there, we took a little side trip out to visit our friend, Andrew. I hadn't seen him since he graduated Tufts in 2001 (he was 1 year behind me and 2 years ahead of Grant.)
Anyway, he's married now to a wonderfully funny girl named Jen whose culinary skills are quite enviable. They also have a baby--a charming little 10 month old named Nate.
Below you can see their first few moments of meeting!
Nate is quite a cutie and was lots of fun to watch. He seemed quite taken with Kaylee--or at least her toys!
We were so busy meeting each other and catching up that I really didn't take as many pictures as I would have liked. I am sure I can still eek out a 1 page layout though. What can I say? Time flies when you're having fun.
And now here's Grant, Andrew and Nate. Can you believe Nate is only 4 months older than Kaylee, he seems so big--of course, in 4 months I'll look back at Kaylee's 6 month pictures and say "look how little she was!" They grow so damn quick!

And here is a pic of all 6 of us that I pilfered from Andrew. I like this one because Nate and Kaylee seem to be sharing an "inside joke" that is lost on us 'parental types.'
I somehow managed to not take any pics of Grant's father, sister or the not-so-technical 'uncle.' My scrapbooking friends will have me shot I am sure. I am usually better about making sure to take so many pictures that people threaten to take my camera away...but not this time I guess.

Anyway--I'll try to post again tomorrow to fill in about the rest of this week, but I am just trying to squeeze these posts in when I can. Ciao.

No comments: