Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Playdough

OK so today, Mommy decided to do something totally new. She made some playdough for the little munchkin to squish her hands around in and experience some new textures etc. (This is a no cook playdough recipe which is edible, although not tasty so safe for the little ones--I am lazy and I don't like the playdough recipe where you have to boil/cook it--anyway if you want the recipe let me know, I learned it from my brief stint working in daycare a few years ago.)
Anyway--Kaylee wanted first to be sure I did it correctly.
"Mommy are you sure you did this right?" she asks.
I told her it was perfect and pink to boot! "Alright." she said, although she still looked a little skeptical.
But she rolled it around a bit. Picked it up. Dropped it back onto the table.
She examined small pieces of it that broke off.
Eventually she even seemed pleased with her new toy.
I think the part she loved the most was the somewhat greasy residue...
Or the goo-i-ness!
She wasn't sure about the taste though...salty!
"How did you playing with the playdough?" I asked her.
"It was great mommy...messy, gooey, salty, sticky...that's my kind of toy!"
Look at that grin!
And clean up is a breeze. Plus it stores for a long time in an air tight container so we can make this part of our daily routine if we want. And maybe I'll make some more colors soon!
Wow, 2 days in a row for posts!

1 comment:

Andrew S Wienick said...

Send the recipe to Jen ... Nate'll love it!

(on second thought, mayhaps we shouldn't ... as we're trying to keep the house spiffy and clean)

Correction: if it's non-mess, send it our way!