Sunday, May 4, 2008

Curious Creatures...technically in April

Alright, I have a ton of pictures...but I have to do a split here.
On April 29th, Mommy got to spend her birthday, with Kaylee, about 25 of Kaylee's closest friends, and some creatures...
The MOMS Club had Curious Creatures come and do an animal demonstration with the kids. A good time was had by all.
Here's Kaylee, enthralled first by a frog...
And then a chinchilla.
'Um,' thought Mommy...'do you really expect my child to touch an alligator?'
But Kaylee just totally chilled out while the 5 foot gator came toward her.
And yup, she had no problems whatsoever in giving the future slippers a feel. That was in poor taste actually, I don't agree with alligator skin type things, but I was a little creeped out about how little fear Kaylee had.
Now here's an animal more Mommy's speed...nyut nyut nyut.
Kaylee liked 'Gus' the turtle plenty...and now has added the word 'turtle' to her repertoire.
Of course...nothing could prepare Mommy for the next critter...
Um, is that a snake wrapped around my child?
Why yes, apparently it is...
And Kaylee loved it! She thought it was great. She even told the snake what it should be saying.
"hsssssssssss" said Kaylee.

That was how I spent my birthday...are you jealous?
Stay tuned, we just got back from a whirlwind 5 day adventure to NYC, NJ, and CT...pictures shall arrive shortly...hopefully.

No comments: