Monday, April 28, 2008

if you don't like the weather...

...just stick around a few days. Good ol' New England. The last week in weather has gone from high 80s last Wednesday/Thursday to low 50s today. You can see Kaylee's wardrobe is just all over the place. Today since it was raining a lot, we got to use her nifty little ladybug raincoat...with matching rainboots.
She looks thrilled, yes? I bought the jacket a little big, hoping to get to use it at least 2 seasons...we shall see.
On Sunday, Kaylee and I headed to our friend's house up the street to give Daddy a little time to get some homework done. (We can't wait for Daddy to be done with his Masters...the end of June can't come soon enough.) Anyway, Kaylee hadn't been able to see Bailey in a long time and both of them had a lot of fun. After breaking up a fight over the wagon between the girls, they did agree to take turns...so Kaylee pulled Bailey around.
And then Bailey pulled Kaylee around.
Then both Kaylee and Bailey pushed little brother Sam in his swing.
Bailey's Mommy had a really nice lunch for the girls, topped off with a cupcake they got to decorate themselves. Kaylee bypassed the frosting, but she sure did like those sprinkles.
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. "Nummy!" she proclaimed.
"What do you mean, 'all done' Mommy?" she asked. "I want another!"
On Friday we visited Grammy & Grampy and Auntie Jacqueline. Grammy & Grampy presented Kaylee with a larger than life new baby doll. Kaylee insisted new giant baby watch Sesame Street with her. I personally think the doll is a bit creepy looking, but hey, Kaylee loves it and its her opinion that counts here.
"Hey, I heard that Mommy. My dolly is not creepy looking!" "OK...well maybe she is a little, but not so much creepy, as silly...like me!"
"See? Don't I look silly!?"
Kaylee was standing behind me here so I flipped the camera and tried my hand at taking a blind shot; I think its pretty cute.
Last Wednesday was hot hot hot, so we had our summer garb on and spent some time outside. Kaylee was definitely her Mommy's child though. She only lasted about 20 minutes in the hot sun...but that was fine with Mommy who doesn't like the humidity either.
Kaylee is already learning how to entertain the puppies. She played ball with Loofy for a little while. As Kaylee's throwing arm improves, Loofy will probably enjoy himself a little more...
Kaylee also explored the sand and water table that Great Grandma Mitzi bought her last year for her birthday. At the moment, it only has water in it as I haven't procured any sand yet, but we have all summer for such trivial things!
Kaylee liked splashing around at the table.
She liked playing with the toys it came with.
I am not sure how she felt about the photo shoot she was subjected to though.
Kaylee got soaked and Mommy learned an important lesson; when playing at the water table...
...wear a bathing suit. So when we went back outside later that afternoon for another 20 minute stint in the sun; Mommy had moved the water table to a more level surface and made sure Kaylee was in the appropriate attire.
"Thanks Great-Grandma, this toy sure should provide me with hours of fun this summer!" Kaylee says.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Ciao.

1 comment:

Andrew S Wienick said...

In Burlington it was "wait 5 minutes" ... and in the 6+ years I lived there, it rarely disappointed!

=)

BTW, it's hot here. Too hot. 93°F already, and it's not even May. Then again, yesterday was supposed to be the hottest of the bunch, so we'll see how bearable it becomes...