Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Swing is the Thing!

Alright...there are a bunch of swing pictures, because that's what Kaylee likes to do...she likes to swing, and happily for Mommy...so does Rowan.
I am forced to wonder if I've already outlived my use as they entertain each other so well these days.
I got a few good action shots of Kaylee on the swing...which is rare because while she is a gorgeous child...she has this thing with camera where she sees them and scrunches up her face to say 'cheese' and somehow ends up looking drunk!
Daddy keeps telling me that sometimes the best shots are ones where they are not looking...here, he is certainly right!
I have dubbed these my artsy shots of Kaylee...and I really like them.
Here, she was issuing an order: "Follow me Mommy." She is getting quite bossy.
I am really not sure why, but I really love the following 2 pictures.
She loves being outside.
"Mommy, what does that sound like?"
Answer: an off-camera airplane in the sky.
Rowan loves being outside as well...not quite as much as Kaylee since she is not yet mobile, but she does love it.
Daddy loves how she already holds onto the swing..."lets rock 'n' roll."
This is my current favorite Rowan picture. Maybe Daddy is onto something with this 'not trying so hard to get them to look at the camera' thing.
Here are some sequence of events shots: Kaylee decided instead of pushing Rowan in the swing, she would try something different.
Twisting Rowan in the swing.
She put some muscle into it.
I was sort of concerned about the result (although clearly not enough to put down the camera and intervene.)
But clearly...I had nothing to worry about...she loved it!
Despite the happy reception...Kaylee was not up for an encore.
Loofy is doing pretty well. The vet is pleased with the healing thus far.
But as you can see from our normally active dog...he is desperately ready for the bandage to come off.
Not yet, buddy, soon though...if a few more weeks qualifies as 'soon.'
Rowan needs to be taught that there is a method to eating bananas...
a certain process, if you will.
And to wrap things up...the classic, can't get both kids to look at the camera schtick...here, neither are looking.
Here, Rowan is looking, but not Kaylee.
And here, Kaylee is looking...but not Rowan.
And that wraps up the merry old month of May. Hopefully I will be a little more camera happy in June.

2 comments:

Andrew S Wienick said...

Ok, those "following two pictures" should be showcased in kiddie versions of either American Eagle or Aeropostale catalogs...

<the ones of Rowan with the bananas are totally precious, too!>

Katie Gifford said...

Haha, I know right! She's got that whole 'I am so cool that I am going to pretend I don't know that you're taking my picture thing down.'