Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Greased Lightning!

Alright, I really really wanted to be able to somehow make this post go along with the song...but I just couldn't really make it work. So you're going to be stuck with my made up dialogue. Sorry.
Kaylee brings her pimped out ride to the local mechanics yard. Right away you can see she was a little unsure about the mechanic.
Nonetheless, she diligently points out what she perceives the problem to be. "It makes this weird rattling sound when I accelerate. Oh, and, for some reason I can only make it go in reverse!"
In no time, Rowan has the diagnosis. "Well, y'see here ma'am. This here catalytic converter seems to be quite worn out...they're only good for about 75K miles after all, and this here beater has a lot more miles than that on it." Rowan paused to laugh. "Oh and it seems you've got yer gear shift stuck in reverse....we can fix that up for you right nice."
"Hmmmmm all that sounds expensive." Kaylee was concerned. "But I need my wheels."
"Don't worry yerself ma'am" Rowan called as Kaylee went to occupy herself for the few hours Rowan had told her the repairs would take. "I'll take good care of your car."
Once Kaylee was safely out of sight, Rowan started laughing. "I can't believe she bought it. I don't even know where the catalytic converter is! This is going to cost her!"
Once she had had her laugh at her sisters expense...Rowan got down to work! The End.
Oh and here's a few more cute pics! When Mommy is busy weeding the garden and therefore cannot push Kaylee...she makes do by singing on the swing.
Rowan loves being outside with her big sister.
She especially loves when her big sister pushes her in the swing.
After a brief slide embargo...we seem to love it again.
Kaylee likes it even more now that she seems to understand that she has a reasonable amount of control over her own momentum using her legs.
No matter how many times we tell her not to go up the slide...it simply proves an irresistible thing to do.
Sorry you had to put up with my lame story. But this is considered "me time" as Daddy is taking care of the girls...so I am letting it take up some extra time.

No comments: