Thursday, February 15, 2007

Another Day Off

Well, today is another inpromptu day off. It took me 45 minutes to even get to the highway today, and once I got on the highway...it was closed due to a jack-knifed tractor-trailer. So I tried to get onto the only alternate route I know of...and that was also closed. So I though, if all these roads are closed its because the roads are bad...and today is one of the days my parents get Kaylee, so she was going to be taking the commute with me...so I called my boss. He was really nice about it...which helped my guilt.
And now I get another day with my bug.
I can't express how much I am enjoying my time with her now. Even though I have only been at work 1 1/2 days--it has made me appreciate every moment that much more.
So I thought I'd share some more recent photos:
Here is Kaylee in her exersaucer. She's just now finally moving around it a bit more. Last month when we'd put her in it, she'd just kind of lean forward and look helpless. Now she stands up and can turn herself (although I think that's more of a happy accident than a purposeful movement.) She also plays with the toys now, spins the wheels and sometimes even presses the buttons...although again, perhaps a happy accident more than anything.
And here we have Kaylee in her Bumbo chair on our kitchen counter. Its great to put her in there when I am cooking dinner or something. She is happy and content and within reach. The Bumbo seat is great--I think mostly because babies look really cute when in the sitting position. My friend, Jackie, who has a baby just 2 weeks younger than Kaylee calls the Bumbo seats their "interview chairs" because they kind of look like they're waiting to be interviewed while seated in them.
Kaylee's Tummy Time is also vastly improving. She now is sometimes on her tummy for up to 5 minutes without complaining...although its usually closer to 2 minutes before she starts squawking. She has turned over from her back to her front once now and from her front to her back twice...but we can't seem to recreate the circumstances for any of these events so I would hardly call them regular...yet. We'll get there soon enough I am sure. She certainly has no difficulty holding her head up...and when on her back she almost seem to try to be getting up to a seated position...she does little ab crunches, its very cute.
We've also taken several pictures of Kaylee with the dogs. Most of them have already landed in the scrapbook...but here are a few more: This is Kaylee and Loofy on our futon upstairs in the computer room.
And here is Kaylee with Petra on Grandma Chip's old chair. This is now completely Petra's chair and the only other living thing she allows in it is Kaylee. I just love the expressions in this picture. I didn't like it at first, but it has certainly grown on me. It almost looks like they are both looking at something sad slightly to their right.
Well that's all for now. I am getting a little better at updating every couple of days. I promise I will try to keep it up!

~*~Mom


No comments: