Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Matzo Week--and Easter!

Just to prove that occasionally I am still in fact Jewish, I had Kaylee try Matzo. She put on a brave face and said, "It's dewicious Matzo Mommy."
Of course, this was immediately followed by, "Can I have putter-jelly now?" (Note: that means Peanut Butter and Jelly in Kaylee-ese) Oh well, I tried. Maybe she'll be all into it with me next year.
Then we went to the mall to meet some friends, and see the Easter Bunny. He was a big hit with Kaylee. Unlike most of the other children there who were scared to tears. Kaylee marched right up and gave him a big hug, which I think made things much better for Rowan too who, like everything else, took it all in stride.
Naturally being the good Jew that I am, the girls had a little bit of an Easter celebration this morning too. This is my favorite picture. Rowan asks Kaylee, "What is it I am supposed to do with this?"
That mean old Easter Bunny gave Rowan empty eggs. This poor 7 month old got squat for Easter!
She took it in stride though.
Of the literal hundreds of pictures I took of the 2 of them together this morning, only 4 or so were even passable...let alone good. Oh well, we make due.
Kaylee had a little more fun...her eggs had Teddy Grahams in them. Of course, the cynic in my sort of wanted to put Matzo crackers in them, but I figure the irony would have been lost...
Kaylee did have fun looking for her eggs this morning though. The Easter Bunny hid them all over her playroom.
Someone please explain to me why a Rabbit, a mammal, bring our children (often chocolate or candy filled) eggs to mark Christ's resurrection. I don't consider myself a theological scholar or anything...but Easter truly does boggle my mind.
It doesn't matter though, cause Kaylee had fun. She particularly liked the eggs hidden amoungst train-town.
Then it was time to dye some eggs. Good thing Bampa stopped by to help us out...cause I have no idea how to do this stuff.
Kaylee did remarkably well though...and made very little mess considering the capacity for disaster we laid out for her.
She especially liked putting the stickers on them after they were dry.
"Like this?" she asked.
I think they came out great. And she even ate one for lunch!
A timely post!

1 comment:

Andrew S Wienick said...

Hey, if guacamole is required to get your kiddos to consume some constipation crackers (aka Matzah), then I say let 'em. In college, I needed to liberally apply some ham-n-cheese to make the dryness palatable...

=D

Oh, and Eddie Izzard has some good commentary on Easter. As does Bill Maher...