Wednesday, April 8, 2009

some visits

I think I ought to be congratulated about updating in a relatively timely manner. I suppose I won't be...I just think I ought to be. (The word of the day...is "ought.")
For those of you who might not know, I've been O-Ding on Sesame Street, lately. We were in the grocery store today and Kaylee is getting very curious about letters and what they say and why, why, why, why...well anything. But every aisle we went down...she'd identify the number...count up to it...complete with Count Von Count's "ha ha ha--thunder, lightning" and then proceed to tell me that that number was in fact the number of the day. Very cute...up until around aisle 12...and naturally I had to double back because I had forgotten things a few times...
Anyway...that's today's story. Here are some recent pictures.
On Monday, we had a little extra play date with Henry and Harrison (you'll have to trust me on the Harrison part...as I didn't nab any photos because Kaylee and Henry were being so darn cute!)
Can you believe this...they are both actually looking and smiling!
They were being awfully cute and having a good time and I actually remembered to bring out the camera before it was all over...only just though.
On Sunday, we went to our neighbor-friends and Kaylee and Rowan had another little double play date with Bailey and Sam. Poor Rowan has very few female friends--all of Kaylee's friends had little brothers...not little sisters! Blame poor photo quality on Daddy--he was in charge of the camera that day. He did alright though...not as good as Mommy...but adequate.
Unlike previous visits, the girls actually managed to occupy themselves without constant intervention for a little while. They are growing up so fast!
Here's Kaylee with Sam. She just loves him. She's more interested in him than most of her other friend's little brothers...however, he is also older than most of them too, by quite a margin.
Don't forget Rowan. She might not really be up to playing with Sam...yet. As he's starting to walk and she's still pretty stationary, but that didn't stop her from trying out all of his cool toys.
She's never tried a ride on before...but she really liked it.
And that, as they say, is that.

No comments: