Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Farmland!

Sorry its taken me a while to get some pictures up. I've been having some technical difficulties. To be honest, I am not sure how they got resolved, but I am not one to look a gift horse in the mouth. Also, this is the 2nd post I've put up today so make sure you scroll down. Hopefully my difficulties in uploading pictures is behind us now and I can get back to more timely updates.
Last Friday we headed off to Davis Farmland. Kaylee had so much fun, we were so glad we went. She started her trek by feeding some roaming brown sheep.
A good nickname for Davis Farmland could be: Goats Goats Goats Galore! There were so many goats everywhere and I took a ton of pictures, but I tried to just choose some of my favorites as with the trouble uploading, I didn't want to push my luck!
Kaylee got to feed all sorts of animals...like llamas, which she insisted were actually horses.
There were so many animals and again I am not going to put all the pics up, but I had never seen a white peacock before so I thought I'd share this one too.
There were a few roaming alpacas--this one was being kind of shy...which was actually ok with Kaylee.
Some goats were out and about with the public some were in pens...there was so much for Kaylee to do.
She spent a lot of time with this black cow--whose pen-partner was a water buffalo that Kaylee really liked as well.
Kaylee's favorite animal might have been the only fake one on the farm...
She spent a fair bit of time with ol' Bessie.
And she learned her first trade while she was at it.
And then it was back to the goats.
The baby ones really are super cute and they would literally crawl up into the chair with you if you let them.

Even Ro eventually had to get in on the action and see one of these little baby goats.
The picture makes it seem like she was nonplussed at best, but I assure you there were a few squeals of glee in there as well.
We can't wait to go back again, it was a great time.

No comments: